- Kaiga Generating Station
- Essay Competition Notice
Nuclear Power Corporation Of India Limited
(A Government Of India Enterprise)
KAIGA GENERATING STATION
PUBLIC AWARENESS COMMITTEE
Kannada Version of the notice Click here
Download formats Click here
Kaiga Generating Station (KGS) is a constituent unit of Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited. KGS has undertaken a number of initiatives to inform / educate the public about the benign nature of nuclear power and have taken a number of steps to eradicate false myths and perceptions in the public mind about nuclear energy. These activities on public education/information about nuclear energy are undertaken by the Public Awareness Committee of KGS. As part of this endeavour, the Public awareness committee of Kaiga Generating Station, Nuclear Power Corporation of India limited is organizing an essay competition to promote awareness about nuclear energy. The details of the competition are given below:
- The competition is open for all under-graduate and post-graduate students studying in any of the recognized colleges / universities of Karnataka.
- There are three topics in each language – English, Kannada and Hindi.
- There will be three prizes (I, II and III) in each topic in each language.
- Title for Essay Contest:
- Nuclear Energy: Addressing energy needs and environmental challenges
- Safety of nuclear reactors in India
- Radiation exposure to humans from natural and artificial radioactivity
- परमाणु ऊर्जा में भारत के बढ़ते कदम : वर्तमान स्थिति एवं चुनौतियाँ
- नाभिकीय ऊर्जा के पर्यावरणीय प्रभाव - मिथक एवं वास्तविकता
- स्वास्थ्य, पर्यावरण, राष्ट्र विकास एवं अन्य क्षेत्रों में परमाणु ऊर्जा का योगदान
- ವಿದ್ಯುತ್ ಕೊರತೆಗೆ ಅಣುಶಕ್ತಿಯೇ ಪರಿಹಾರ
- ಸ್ವಚ್ಛ ಭಾರತ ಕನಸು ನನಸಾಗಲು ಅಣುಶಕ್ತಿಯು ಒಂದು ಪೂರಕ ಮಾರ್ಗ
- ಸದೃಢ ಭಾರತದ ನಿರ್ಮಾಣದಲ್ಲಿ ಅಣುಶಕ್ತಿಯ ಪಾತ್
- I Prize: Rs.15,000/-; II Prize: Rs. 10,000/-; III Prize: Rs. 7,500/-
- A student can submit up to a maximum of three (3) essays one in each language. However, he/she will be considered for award of only one prize (best) if selected.
- Prize winners will be required to present their essay in the 2 days scientific seminar that will be hosted by Kaiga Generating Station in May 2016 (exact date will be intimated to the prize winners by SMS/email).
- Prize winners will have the opportunity to come to Kaiga Generating station accompanied by (1) His / her college lecturer/professor (Mandatory) and (2) His/her parent (father or mother).
- Free accommodation and boarding will be provided to all the prize winners and those accompanying them to facilitate their participation in the scientific seminar.
- Each prize winner team (comprising of 3 persons as above) will be provided a consolidated travelling allowance of Rs.3000/- to facilitate their travel from their place of residence to Kaiga and back irrespective of their journey distance.
- Last date for submission of entries: 10th March 2016. Entries received after this date are liable for rejection.
- The organizing committee assumes NO responsibility for any loss of document or postal delays.
- Students whose parents are working in any establishment of department of atomic energy are not eligible to participate in the competition.
- Students studying through Open University / correspondence course are not eligible.
- All essays shall be written by individuals. A group of students cannot participate in the essay competition jointly.
- Format in which to submit:
- The essays must conform to the format provided.
- All pages of the essay shall be initialled by the student and on the final page, signature shall be appended.
- Hard copy must be sent only through speed post or by courier so as to reach before the last date of submission to:
Mr. S Kannan
Deputy Manager (PR)
Kaiga Generating Station
PO.Kaiga PIN: 581400
Uttara Kannada District, Karnataka
- After initial screening of all the received essays, the organizing committee shall ask for soft copy of the shortlisted essays. So please preserve the soft copy of the essays sent by you for the competition.
- The organizing committee takes no responsibility for any loss, delay or damage of the document sent by post/courier.
- Please superscribe the envelope with "KGS PAC Essay Competition" before posting.
- The decision of the organizing committee shall be binding on the participants of this competition and no representation will be entertained in this regard.
- Canvasing in any form will result in rejection of the submitted essay.